- 2 cup of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion
- green onions
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Season to taste (Slap Ya Mama)
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 small chicken legs (drumstick-thigh portion; skinned) (2 to 2-1/2 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Hot cooked mashed potatoes or rice (optional)
1. In a 5-1/2- or 6-quart slow cooker, combine mushrooms and onions. Stir in the 1/2 cup broth, tomato paste, garlic, rosemary, thyme, Slap Ya mama, and bay leaf. Add chicken legs to cooker.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours
3. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken and vegetables to a serving platter. Discard bay leaf. Cover chicken and vegetables and keep warm.
4. For sauce: Skim fat from cooking liquid. Measure 2 cups of the cooking liquid, adding additional chicken broth if necessary. Transfer liquid to a medium saucepan. In a small bowl, stir the 1/4 cup broth into the flour; stir into liquid in saucepan. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir for 1 minute more. Pour sauce over chicken. Serve over mashed potatoes or rice.
Makes 4 servings.